Thursday, November 3, 2011

Take Time To SMILE


Brian Wilson's "Teenage Symphony To God" has been a long time coming.  Over forty years actually, and I for one have been SMILEing most of the day. The album is both touching and whimsical, and in this day of unrest (much like the time it was recorded in the late 1960s), Brian and The Beach Boys have given us all a reason to SMILE.  SMILE was supposed to be the album that surpassed "Pet Sounds", but no one ever knew if it really would have or not. In my humble expert Beach Boys/Brian Wilson opinion, they made Pet Sounds sound almost amateurish.  (If you really know me then you realize what I'm saying.  I love Pet Sounds so much I took all the original backing tracks and did all the vocal overdubs on my own.  That's loving an album folks!) Rolling Stone calls this album, "the most most famous unreleased album in history", and now that it is finally released I can see the monicker was earned.

You can read all the reviews on the net to find out what it's all about, but the only way to SMILE is to experience it for yourself.   Yes experience it.  Everything from the sweetness of the acapella Our Prayer to the vibrations you get from the last song (gee I wonder what that is?).  In between you will feel "Wonderful", on "Fire" from  Mrs. O'Leary's cow, you'll discover your favorite "Vega-table", and you might even head out to the "Barnyard".

Do yourself a favor.  Even if you have no clue what I'm taking about, go buy the least expensive version out there, listen, experience, and SMILE!!

Foshinator

No comments:

Post a Comment