Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Should I fear this?

     In some ways I fear this blog.  I will sharing publicly things I don't usually share with the general populace of my friends.  In some ways this takes you, the reader, from being a casual friend or acquaintance to a closer friend.  Certainly I will not share things, that only my intimates are privy to, but I will be sharing more than most folks get from their outer circle of friends.
     I suppose "bloggers" have just enough ego to think that their contribution is important, or they wouldn't take the time to write.  Confession is good for the soul, so I confess that I believe I have some things to say, that may benefit your life.  That alludes to another fear.  "Who does this guy think he is?"  Just a guy who thinks his opinions matter, just as much as your opinions matter.
     Will I lose the respect of some folks who might read this?  I suppose I will if they aren't able to agree to disagree.  I'm a big believer in Romans 14!!  Go read it if that doesn't convey any message for you.
     So with some fear, and great anticipation, I await any reactions my musings my generate.  I also await being humbled by never being read!!

Foshinator (Thanks for the moniker Mr. Kidd!)

1 comment:

  1. I think that anytime we share what we write, it is scary. It's as if we are offering a part of ourselves with no guarantees how it is going to be received. Pretty much like life in general.

    Glad you are blogging. You do have something to say. As long as you are doing this for you it doesn't matter if people read it or comment. The cathartic, processing nature of the experience is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete