Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Two Sided Coins

Have you ever been duped flipping coins?  You know.  The guy who shows up.  You flip for quarters, and then it hits you.  He's got a two sided coin!  That completely takes the fun out of it.  I remember standing out on the lot at Wilmes Ford and flipping quarters.  Sometimes I'd be so far ahead of everyone I could see no way I'd be back to nothing.  Then it would happen.  The guy next to me had all my quarters.  Ugh.  I wouldn't change it though.  That's what made it fun.

There is usually at least two sides to every issue or problem.  To look at them one dimensionally usually creates a bigger problem.  A good businessman will ask for advice from multiple people with differing views, and ask them not to be yes men/women (see I can be politically correct).  I've never liked playing with a two sided coin (even if I had it), and I prefer to look at both sides of it to truly learn what it can do.

Foshinator

No comments:

Post a Comment